In recent years, veganism has become a popular lifestyle choice for people of all ages and backgrounds. This is due, in part, to the many benefits of a plant-based diet, which include improved health outcomes, reduced environmental impact, and ethical considerations related to animal welfare.
While some people may assume that a vegan diet is difficult to follow or lacks variety, this is simply not the case. In fact, there are countless easy vegan dinner recipes that are both delicious and satisfying, and that can be enjoyed by vegans and non-vegans alike.
In this blog post, we will be exploring some of the best easy vegan dinner recipes out there, providing you with plenty of inspiration for your next meal. Whether you're a seasoned vegan or just starting out on your plant-based journey, we're confident that you'll find something here to suit your tastes and preferences. So, let's get started!
Tips for Easy Vegan Cooking
When it comes to cooking vegan meals, there are a few tips and tricks that can make the process much easier and more enjoyable. One of the most important things to keep in mind is the importance of planning and meal prep. This means taking some time at the beginning of each week to plan out your meals and prep any ingredients that will be used throughout the week. This can save you a lot of time and stress in the long run, and ensure that you always have delicious and nutritious vegan meals on hand.
Another key aspect of easy vegan cooking is having a well-stocked pantry. Some basic vegan pantry staples include things like whole grains, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, plant-based milk, and a variety of herbs and spices. By keeping these items on hand, you'll be able to whip up a variety of easy vegan meals at a moment's notice.
When it comes to substituting vegan ingredients for non-vegan ones, it's important to get creative and experiment with different options. For example, instead of using eggs in a recipe, you can try substituting mashed bananas or applesauce, or using a plant-based egg replacer like aquafaba. There are also many vegan versions of common dairy products like cheese and milk, which can be used in a variety of recipes.
Finally, when making vegan meals, it's important to focus on flavor and texture. This can be achieved through the use of fresh herbs and spices, as well as by experimenting with different cooking techniques. For example, roasting vegetables can bring out their natural sweetness and add a delicious caramelized flavor, while using a variety of different cooking oils can add richness and depth to a dish. By keeping these tips in mind, you can easily create flavorful and satisfying vegan meals that will impress even the most skeptical eaters.
Main Course Recipes
Let's explore some mouth-watering vegan recipes that are perfect for dinner time. These recipes are easy to make, packed with flavor, and guaranteed to impress your taste buds!
Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- This vegan shepherd's pie is a hearty and delicious meal that's perfect for a cozy night in. The main ingredients include lentils, mushrooms, carrots, onions, and potatoes.
- To make the lentil filling, start by sautéing onions and carrots in a pan. Then, add mushrooms and cook until they are tender. Next, add cooked lentils, tomato paste, vegetable broth, and spices to the pan. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until the flavors are well combined.
- For the potato topping, peel and chop potatoes and boil them until they are soft. Drain the potatoes and mash them with vegan butter and plant-based milk until they are smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Transfer the lentil filling to a baking dish and spread the mashed potatoes on top. Use a fork to create a pattern on the mashed potatoes. Bake the shepherd's pie for 30-35 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- To serve, let the shepherd's pie cool for a few minutes and then dig in! This dish is perfect for leftovers, so feel free to store any extras in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Vegan Chickpea Curry
- This vegan chickpea curry is a quick and easy meal that's packed with flavor. The main ingredients include chickpeas, coconut milk, tomatoes, onions, and spices.
- To make the curry, start by sautéing onions in a pan until they are soft. Then, add minced garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Add diced tomatoes, chickpeas, and coconut milk to the pan and stir well. Add your desired spices, such as turmeric, cumin, and coriander, and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, prepare some rice or naan bread to serve with it.
- To serve, spoon the curry over the rice or use the naan bread to scoop up the curry. This dish is perfect for leftovers, so feel free to store any extras in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- This vegan mushroom stroganoff is a rich and creamy pasta dish that's perfect for a cozy night in. The main ingredients include mushrooms, onions, garlic, plant-based cream, and pasta.
- To make the stroganoff, start by sautéing onions and mushrooms in a pan until they are tender. Then, add minced garlic and cook for another minute. Add plant-based cream, Dijon mustard, vegetable broth, and spices to the pan and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- While the stroganoff is simmering, prepare some pasta according to the package instructions.
- To serve, spoon the stroganoff over the pasta and garnish with some fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives. This dish is perfect for leftovers, so feel free to store any extras in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Vegan Lentil Chili
- This vegan lentil chili is a comforting and flavorful meal that's perfect for a chilly night. The main ingredients include lentils, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and spices.
- To make the chili, start by sautéing onions and peppers in a pan until they are tender. Then, add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Next, add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and salt to the pan, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds until the spices are toasted and fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and vegetable broth to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the chili simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the chili is simmering, prepare the cornbread topping. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and non-dairy milk until well combined. Then, stir in the melted vegan butter until the batter is smooth.
- After the chili has simmered for 10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and pour the cornbread batter evenly over the top of the chili. Use a spatula to smooth out the batter and ensure that it covers the entire surface of the chili.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake the chili for 20-25 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the chili to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon the chili into bowls and top with vegan sour cream, diced avocado, and chopped fresh cilantro. This vegan chili cornbread bake is sure to be a hit with both vegans and non-vegans alike!
Side Dish Recipes
Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- These vegan garlic mashed potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to any vegan dinner. Made with creamy vegan butter, garlic, and almond milk, they are a delicious and healthy side dish that everyone will love.
- To make the vegan garlic mashed potatoes, start by washing and peeling 6-8 medium-sized potatoes. Cut them into small chunks and place them in a pot of boiling water. Boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender, which should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add 4 tablespoons of vegan butter, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until they are smooth and creamy. Add 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk to the potatoes and stir until well combined. Serve hot.
- To store leftovers, transfer the mashed potatoes to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When reheating, add a splash of almond milk to help the mashed potatoes regain their creaminess.
Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- These vegan roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicious and healthy side dish that pairs well with any vegan main course. Made with just a few simple ingredients, they are easy to make and full of flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Trim the ends of 1 pound of Brussels sprouts and cut them in half. Place them in a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Toss the Brussels sprouts until they are evenly coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast the Brussels sprouts for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown. Serve hot.
- To store leftovers, transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When reheating, place the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Vegan Quinoa Salad
- This vegan quinoa salad is a refreshing and nutritious side dish that is perfect for any occasion. Made with quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and fresh herbs, it is a light and healthy addition to any vegan dinner.
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa according to the package instructions. Once cooked, transfer the quinoa to a mixing bowl and add 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup of diced cucumber, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley, and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss until well combined.
- Serve the vegan quinoa salad cold or at room temperature. To store leftovers, transfer the salad to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
These chocolate peanut butter oat bars are a delicious vegan dessert that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. Made with simple and wholesome ingredients, these bars are a healthier alternative to traditional desserts.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down evenly with a spatula or your hands.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and the top is firm to the touch.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- These bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- For a more indulgent treat, you can melt some vegan chocolate chips and drizzle them over the top of the bars before serving.
Vegan Apple Crisp
This vegan apple crisp is a comforting and classic dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Made with fresh apples and a crunchy oat topping, this dessert is sure to please everyone's taste buds.
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, vegan butter, cinnamon, and salt.
- Use your hands to mix everything together until it becomes a crumbly texture.
- Spread the sliced apples evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the top of the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- This apple crisp can be served warm with a scoop of vegan ice cream on top.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply pop it in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- If you don't have access to an oven, you can also reheat the apple crisp in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until warmed through. Another option is to enjoy the apple crisp cold, straight from the refrigerator.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
This vegan chocolate avocado mousse is a rich and indulgent dessert that is surprisingly healthy. Its main ingredients include ripe avocados, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and non-dairy milk.
- Begin by halving and pitting the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a blender or food processor.
- Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and non-dairy milk to the blender or food processor.
- Blend everything until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the mousse to serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This vegan chocolate avocado mousse is best served chilled and can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If the mousse has become too firm after refrigeration, you can let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to soften it up.
For an extra indulgent treat, try topping the mousse with whipped coconut cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder before serving.
This post has provided a variety of easy vegan dinner recipes that are simple, delicious, and perfect for anyone looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet. We discussed the benefits of eating vegan, including improved health, reduced environmental impact, and ethical reasons for avoiding animal products.
Additionally, we provided tips for easy vegan cooking, including the importance of planning and meal prep, suggestions for basic vegan pantry staples, and how to substitute vegan ingredients for non-vegan ones.
Thank you for joining us on this vegan culinary journey, and we look forward to sharing more delicious plant-based recipes with you soon!
Find more vegan content at The Dharma Store